Local Information and Attractions
There’s always plenty to do and see in Paignton, Torquay Brixham and beyond!
Torbay is at the very heart of the English Riviera, with safe, sandy beaches, a long promenade, excellent swimming and water activities.
Great entertainment day and night, a rich diversity of places to eat out, theme bars and much more – making it the ideal location for a great, relaxing and memorable holiday!
Miles of walks including the South West Coastal Path, Dartmoor and river walks. Cockington and Berryhead in Brixham.
Swimming and Beaches
Many safe sandy and blue flag beaches nearby
Fishing and Sailing
Plenty of opportunities, both at sea or freshwater in nearby Stoke Gabriel, Totnes and up river in the Dart on Dartmoor.
Try wandering around Paignton Harbour, Torquay Marina, and Brixham. Going further afield, you can ramble across the wilds of Dartmoor National Park, see the Dartmoor Ponies, visit places of interest such as Widdecombe in the Moor. Totnes and Dartington Hall are less than 30 minutes away.
- Quaywest Waterpark – Get wet, go wild at Splashdown@Quay West!
- Cinema – offering latest movies, 12 different screens
- Paignton Zoo and environmental park.
- Goodrington Park with activities for children
- Live music and late night venues – including the famous The Spinning Wheel Inn
- Paignton Steam Railway – train & boat trips to Dartmouth and Buckfastleigh
- Babbacombe Model Village
- Torre Abbey and Gardens
- Rivera centre
- Cockington Thatched Village and Country Park [picture below right]
- Living Coasts – Torquay water world
- Byones Victorian Museum
- Kents Cavern – a family day out
- Agatha Christie Tours
- Theatres & Events
- And lots more as well! – One visit is never enough!
Explore the bay by boat with hourly taxi’s going across to Torquay Harbour, Brixham and Dartmouth